Magic happens when you step outside your comfort zone!
I am getting my nude on for the Sydney Skinny 2014 and I am fist pumping left, right and centre at having the opportunity to reconnect with my sense of adventure.
This week on Mamamia, I blogged about losing my sparkle (see here) and made a decision to be proactive (as opposed to being reactive) at doing things that made me feel alive. Magic happens when you step outside of your comfort zone and this is just one of the reasons I am participating in the Sydney Skinny.
So what is the Sydney Skinny? Basically the Sydney Skinny is a short swim in Cobblers Cove, Sydney on the 23rd February without any clothes on! Having not done the swim before I can’t speak from experience but I do know how liberating the experience of being naked and not given a toss what anyone thinks or says!
The fabulous Nigel Marsh, friend, co founder of Earth Hour (you know, when you turn your lights off!) and creator of the swim says:
Many used The Sydney Skinny to throw aside concerns of body image, to connect with nature and celebrate living with more courage and kindness”
Here are seven reasons why you should join me and participate in The Sydney Skinny:
- Reconnect with your sense of adventure (life is so short, when was the last time you did something out of you comfort zone?)
- Draw a line in the sand and put permanent meaningful change into your life
- As the shortest, flattest and easiest swim on the calendar it is the perfect ‘starter swim’ introduction to the world of ocean swimming
- Be part of one of the world’s unique iconic events. Something to tell the grandkids!
- Raise money to help protect one of the natural wonders of the world – beautiful Sydney Harbour
- Strike a blow against destructive body pressure and practice greater self acceptance
- Come and meet me! I always love to meet Body Image Movement followers in person and I will be hanging around all day after the swim. (Just don’t try and start a conversation until I have my sarong back on!!)
The Sydney Skinny is going to be a fabulous day out, a celebration of all that is good about this world and life. I guarantee there will be no other place on earth having as much fun as we will be on the 23rd of February!
For more details CLICK HERE
SYDNEY SKINNY ON FACEBOOK
See you at the Skinny folks!
If you think getting nudie is brave, read my blog on pooping my pants!